I’ll be honest, at first I thought this was one of those annoying chain-letter-type things. You know, the sort you see on YouTube comment threads, where someone says ‘If you read this and don’t forward it to 50 people then your cat will die in a plane crash!’
But after a little bit of poking around, there seems to be no harm in it. No-one’s eventually being asked to forward their bank details to the Crown Prince of Nigeria, so setting cynicism firmly aside…
I have been nominated by the lovely Shantelle Latreese (candidconcourse.wordpress.com) for the Versatile Blogger Award! Which goes a little something like this:
- If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger award.
- Cool! I knew this day would come. I’d like to thank my stylist, my pet iguana, and my rabbi.
- Thank the person who gave you this award.
- Thanks Shantelle!
- Include a link to their blog.
- Or two, even: candidconcourse.wordpress.com
- Next, select fifteen blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly, and nominate those fifteen bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you seven things about yourself.
- I can hold my breath for 105 seconds.
- I wear size 11 shoes.
- I can quote most of Anchorman.
- I’m Spartacus.
- I’ve broken both of my little toes three times.
- It was like that when I got here.
- I can’t brush my teeth with my left hand.
So that’s that. First of many, and I’ll remember it even after I win my sixth Hugo for Best Novel. (I’m coming for you, Heinlein…)
8 thoughts on “The First of Many Awards? Versatile Blogger”
Congratulations on your being acknowledged for versatility in the field of blog.
I think David Gaughran’s blog is excellent…and now I have some more to check out.
Glad to meet you Spartacus (though I thought Spartacus could brush his teeth with his feet, like even if they chopped BOTH his arms off. Just saying.)
Hey there Ben. (Benjamin? B_G_? Any closer to a decision on that yet? 🙂 )
I may have elaborated slightly with one of my 7 things. And it may have been the Spartacus one.
Thanks for commenting.
I’m curious. How does one break their little toes?
Hi Hannah – annoyingly easily, it turns out. Just do Tae Kwon Do twice a week for seven years barefoot in a wooden gym, and it’ll happen! Doesn’t hurt that badly, really, you just strap them to the next toe along and get on with it.
I also had my breastbone cracked once while sparring. That was less fun. Nothing to strap it to…
No, thank you 🙂
Congratulations on the award! And thank you for thinking of me. I really appreciate it.
Thanks for stopping by my blog and for following me. I must admit I’m not much of a sci fi reader, but I do occasionally indulge. I look forward to reading you in print someday!