I’ll be honest, at first I thought this was one of those annoying chain-letter-type things. You know, the sort you see on YouTube comment threads, where someone says ‘If you read this and don’t forward it to 50 people then your cat will die in a plane crash!’
But after a little bit of poking around, there seems to be no harm in it. No-one’s eventually being asked to forward their bank details to the Crown Prince of Nigeria, so setting cynicism firmly aside…
I have been nominated by the lovely Shantelle Latreese (candidconcourse.wordpress.com) for the Versatile Blogger Award! Which goes a little something like this:
- If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger award.
- Cool! I knew this day would come. I’d like to thank my stylist, my pet iguana, and my rabbi.
- Thank the person who gave you this award.
- Thanks Shantelle!
- Include a link to their blog.
- Or two, even: candidconcourse.wordpress.com
- Next, select fifteen blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly, and nominate those fifteen bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you seven things about yourself.
- I can hold my breath for 105 seconds.
- I wear size 11 shoes.
- I can quote most of Anchorman.
- I’m Spartacus.
- I’ve broken both of my little toes three times.
- It was like that when I got here.
- I can’t brush my teeth with my left hand.
So that’s that. First of many, and I’ll remember it even after I win my sixth Hugo for Best Novel. (I’m coming for you, Heinlein…)